- Our catering service does not include the provision of catering equipment/utensils and we do not have serving staff for hire.
- We deliver the food either plated up (salads, canapés, finger food, cold dishes) or in appropriate containers for customers to heat up and/or plate up in their own serving dishes. We can provide chafing dishes at no extra charge. Return of our serving dishes and/or chafing dishes will need to be made by Wednesday of the following week after your event.
- We do not charge VAT. We charge for delivery (and collection if you are unable to return our dishes either to the café or to one of our market stalls) which is postcode-dependent.
- Children rates are as follows (different terms apply for children’s parties):
- Under 5 years of age, free of charge
- Between 6 and 12 years of age, chargeable at half the adult price
- Over 13 years of age, chargeable at full adult price
Changes to a Booking
Following confirmation of the booking, customers who wish to increase the number of guests/quantities of food are kindly requested to do so no later than two working days prior to their event
Following confirmation of the booking, customers who wish to decrease the number of guests/quantities of food, are urged to do so at least 5 working days prior to the event. After this time, any decrease in numbers is chargeable in full.
We require a 50% non-refundable deposit to confirm the booking. The remainder can be paid either on the day of delivery by cash/cheque or within five working days after receipt of the final invoice for the event.
In the unfortunate event of a booking having to be cancelled:
- more than 30 days in advance, we will retain all of the deposit, you do not have to pay any more
- less than 30 days in advance, we will request 50% of the payments still due
- less than 14 days in advance, we will request 100% of payments still due.
All Cheques should be made payable to ‘Comfort and Joy Caterers’.
Bank transfers to Lloyds TSB, Sort Code: 30-96-38, Account No: 01786654.